5 Qs with the Executive Producer of Ultra Singapore
Giglifeasia.com picks the brains of Alex Chew, Executive Producer / Partner at Ultra Singapore.
Together with his business partner, Raj Datwani, they have produced Ultra Music festival, and they also run a restaurant The Kitchen at Bacchanalia, which clinched a Michelin star. This food and music business is right up GLA’s alley!
Find out more about what to expect at Ultra Singapore this year and more, straight from the source.
1. How did the opportunity to work with GLA come about, and how do you think this package will benefit Ultra’s customers?
Gig Life Asia is a music-festival-focused travel company with very solid industry connections – so naturally, we were happy for the opportunity to have them as our partner. As a one-stop shop for all our festival goers, it is very convenient for them to find all the information they need about Ultra, alongside great options for accommodations in the city that are located close to the festival.
2. What is new at Ultra this year that concert goers can expect?
Festival goers can expect an increase in artists for our Live stage and resistance, as well as a whole new sound experience that will enhance every performance from all the stages. On top of that we have also increased the number of entry gates and bar points to ensure for a smoother customer experience overall.
3. Who are the top acts you’re looking forward to catching this year?
Sasha & John Digweed, Pendulum, KSHMR Live set and Don Diablo.
4. We saw that Ultra has announced its expansion to India and China. Do you think the presence of EDM in Asia has increased in the previous years?
It definitely has, you only have to look at how far the EDM scene and music festivals here and around the region have advanced and continue to do so.
5. Say that you are allowed to bring only 3 items to the festival – what would they be?
1. Portable charger for my handphone
2. My Ticket
3. And sunblock is essential!